This job is no longer accepting applications.
Abstract is a design workflow platform for teams to version, manage, and collaborate. Our company’s mission is to dramatically improve the productivity, transparency, and impact of Design. Since launching in July 2017, over 7,000 design teams across 75 countries have adopted Abstract, including teams from DocuSign, Instacart, Microsoft, Pandora, Wayfair, Wix, Cisco, Zendesk, and more.
At Abstract, we believe in a future where all companies recognize that empowering people to be creative unlocks productivity. We seek to build a world where companies see their people's expertise, where systems default to collaboration, and where curiosity and experimentation flourish.
We strive to be living examples of our values and first principles. We do hard things, make our own weather, and question the status quo. When we ship, we ship together. We value grit, inclusion, craft, curiosity, and iteration, just to name a few. And we embrace diversity and respect our differences because we know different minds see more parts.
If you thrive in a fast paced environment where you can make a big impact on our product and our company culture, we want to hear from you.
Abstract is a remote-first company (US-based only at this time).
About the Role
As a member of the Brand Design Team at Abstract you will report to the Creative Director and be a member of the Product and Design organization. Designers at Abstract help shape the experience on both the marketing and product side of the customer experience. As a part of the design team you will help shape our culture of design and play an instrumental role in crafting the future of our brand.
What you'll do:
- Evolve the visual identity of Abstract, by designing and building consistent experiences across our marketing website
- Own the buildout of new pages in our Webflow instance as well as the maintenance of our website design system
- Communicate animation/interaction using your tool of choice.
- Create new and unique experiences; we’re designing for designers and want to push our creative boundaries. You won’t be reimagining the same landing page over and over, but you'll likely spend time on projects like this.
- Work cross-functionally with marketing and other stakeholders to arrive at the best possible design solutions, continually raising our bar for quality.
- Execute projects across their entire lifecycle with our marketing team— plan, iterate, deliver, test, iterate some more.
What you’ll bring:
- Strong foundation in design fundamentals, including a deep understanding of typography, layout, color, and ability to apply these principles across our digital presence.
- 5+ years of experience working with in-house design teams or agencies on web specific projects
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and communication skills, including explaining your work, process, scope, decisions, and actively seeking out feedback
- Strong ability to manage your own time while working on multiple projects and ask for clarity when needed
- Always on the lookout for ways to improve your workflow and are up-to-date on the latest design tools and web technologies. You spend as much time on CodePen as you do on Dribbble.
- Actively pay attention to trends in the community and have opinions on the future of design.
As part of the interview process, be prepared to present a portfolio of your previous work. We’re particularly excited to see how you approach problem solving, decision-making, collaboration, and process to see how you arrived at your final designs.
We’re looking forward to meeting you!
At Abstract, we offer resources that emphasize personal and familial wellbeing to all full-time employees. We provide up to 99% healthcare coverage, as well as dental, vision, and life insurance options. We offer 14 weeks of parental leave, an unlimited paid-time off policy, health care FSA, and are fully remote, allowing for a flexible working environment. Additional perks include dependent care, a budget to set up your home office, a monthly wellness and internet stipend, as well as mental & physical wellness services.
To help employees plan for the future, we offer competitive pay, access to financial services, and a 401(k).
We are a distributed team and are able to offer US-based remote employment. We offer travel opportunities for company meetings, team meet-ups, and the occasional conference.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis; Elastic Projects will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
As part of our security protocols, offers are contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Where the design process finds structure and transparency.